New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Greetings all!  I'm Red from the rural countryside in Oklahoma.  Was pointed in this direction.  Currently live in the tall grass prairie where my cattle rancher neighbor swears he's seen timber-wolves on multiple occasions.  I am about to move into a woods in the neighboring county/nation next to a river known for sasquatch activity (seems like seasonal migrations).  I do plan to start recording and analyzing audio data that I will capture overnights in those woods (I'm after coyotes...and wolves).  I'm starting an account here in case anything turns up and I need an outlet to pass along findings/information.  There is a sacred native site very near this land and it is not far from known hotspots and plenty of countryside.  I live an off grid lifestyle and share crop/farmhand for an old man as well as raise game meats.  Fun stuff.

• Upvote 1

Hi, I became obsessed while writing a song about bigfoot back in 2008. Researching the lyrics sucked me into the sasquatch wormhole which i'm now firmly stuck in.

Now I find all things bigfoot interesting. The stories, the photos, the videos, the debate. I even find the hoaxing an interesting angle to discuss.

hi, moved a lot growing up. ive been to this site off and on for about 20 years now. i lost my login info so here I am :) i have always been fascinated with bigfoot stories

Welcome redcoydog. If you do come with any audio that may have something interesting mixed in, please do post it on here.

Welcome Littlewing and welcome back LurkerBeliever.

Hello, you can call me Goji. I'm an amateur Sasquatch researcher. I am currently in a group, but they don't seem that active sadly. I've been trying to find places to talk with like minded people about the subject. It seems really hard to do so. Anyways, I'm from North Carolina and would very much like to chat with people within this area and possibly research some incidents if given. I've always been interested in the subject as a kid. But only within the last 5 years have I really gotten into the subject. It'll be great to chat with some other people! 

Hello.

I have been interested in Sasquatch since my childhood in the 1970s.

I had 4 interesting experiences while living and working on the central coast of British Columbia in the '90s.

I look forward to participating in discussions within these forums.

Welcome to the forums, OKC Richard, collo, LadyGoji, and Rob.

Hello all,

I'm out here in Colorado and have been trying to find my place in the Sasquatch Community. Currently trying to collect data from different podcasts, Youtube videos, posts and etc. to formulate an informed theory of what Bigfoot is and creating a general creature profile or many depending on if there are multiple species or regional types. Also looking for any local Colorado groups open to new members for expeditions or so on. 

Djfio

Sasquatch Researcher in Progress

Welcome Djfio.  Ditch the podcasts and Youtube as those formats are in the entertainment genre.

I have posted before that a good site to review is:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

It is not active. The person behind the site passed 10 years ago. A relative keeps the site online. I don't agree with some of the items that Bobby Short posted but it is a good reference for historical stories, sightings and reports up to 2013, debunked claims and hoaxes. There are 2 installments of a book that Bobby Short was writing. Download them. Repeat, download them.

I am in the PNW so I am not familiar with activities in Colorado. Expeditions should not exceed 2 people( too much noise) and you have to be outnumbered and give them the high ground.

Acquire good camping gear.

Be safe, nature won't cut you any slack.

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I am in the PNW so I am not familiar with activities in Colorado. Expeditions should not exceed 2 people( too much noise) and you have to be outnumbered and give them the high ground.

Excellent advice!

Edited by JKH
13 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Welcome Djfio.  Ditch the podcasts and Youtube as those formats are in the entertainment genre.

I have posted before that a good site to review is:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

It is not active. The person behind the site passed 10 years ago. A relative keeps the site online. I don't agree with some of the items that Bobby Short posted but it is a good reference for historical stories, sightings and reports up to 2013, debunked claims and hoaxes. There are 2 installments of a book that Bobby Short was writing. Download them. Repeat, download them.

Thank you so much for the advice @Catmandoo 

Hey, I'm Mikko. I'm actually from Canada, lots of forest up here that could contain Bigfeet. I'm mostly just browsing I have an interest in any unknowns especially ones with such active discussion.

Hello there, I'm from the UK and developed a keen interest (some would say an obsession) with Bigfoot since reading the Albert Ostman story as a 7 year old. I've read so many books on the matter and am utterly convinced that Bigfoot exists. Look forward to contributing to some of the discussions on this forum. Regards. Cooper.