New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Admin
32 minutes ago, Rbatesfishing said:

Hi I have had many encounters have seen him once and have a trail cam photo that I see you guys have posted on your site

Welcome to the BFF Rbatesfishing.

Hi Guys, thanks for having me. I'm an enthusiast from way back and love this subject. I've never had an encounter but I'd love to hear about others folks having theirs and hope to learn more.

Thanks again.

Vinny

• Upvote 1

Hello! I love this subject, from Finding Bigfoot to all the books that are out there to read. I hope to have a run in with one of these things one day, that would scary but awesome. In the meantime, there's much to learn. Where to start?

Hi all,

My name is Chris.

I joined this site awhile back and have lurked for a hot minute. I have interest in Bigfoot because of my dad's stories. I've always believed him because of his candor and the fact he is still, clearly, traumatized by his experiences. He was actually interviewed for that new show, Expedition Bigfoot, and was featured on the last episode. I'm an avid backpacker and camper myself, but have never seen the big guy. I've heard some weird whistles at night and had stuff that seemingly appeared to be thrown into my camp before, but I always just wrote it off as falling pine cones or other natural causes. After reading many books and listening/reading to a load of encounters... now I'm not so sure.

Anyways, I just became a premium member and am hoping to contribute to the SSR database. I'm a GIS Analyst by trade and have a strong background in the sciences and spatiotemporal data analysis, so Sasquatch, and in particular, the SSR database, interests me on several levels. I dabble in R and Python, so if anyone has any cool analysis ideas, holler. :)

I also put together some sighting reports from YouTube comments I've ran across... they're pasted into into a Google Slide Share. Give it a gander if you want.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WkvSoroUmeFCFl9ZZtGK2C0vhjtEIYt5eThI7-7A_w4/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers.

Edited by ZempOh
  • Upvote 1
Admin
8 hours ago, ZempOh said:

I'm a GIS Analyst by trade and have a strong background in the sciences and spatiotemporal data analysis, so Sasquatch, and in particular, the SSR database, interests me on several levels.

Welcome to the BFF Chris.

I'll send you a PM about the SSR later today. We certainly can use your help with the SSR and data analysis.

Enjoy the forums!

Hey, just another Old Guy down in Texas. Long time reader on the subject, been to a couple cons. I got pulled in a little a couple decades back when asked to have a chat with a local Bigfoot hunter who thought he had a place where he was going to shoot one, and wanted some legal advice the consequences of that action. I'm a lawyer, though I do Intellectual Property, patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets. (Worked on some crypto books, now and then, on copyright issues. and I've done a fair amount of publishing over the years, though not crypto related.) Critter-killing laws not really my forte. But I gave it a shot, cause it was interesting. I finally told him he better be ready to say it was charging him, cause otherwise I just had no idea. There is (or was last time I looked) SO much wiggle room in the various state, local and federal laws about shooting critters. Maybe you go to jail, maybe no. Maybe you get to keep it, maybe no. And if they DNA it and it shows close enough to be called "human", uh-oh.

No doubt y'all have sussed these legal details out to everyone's satisfaction. But it was a good bit of learning and digging, back in the day.

The meeting led me to wander out into the region he was looking around in, he wouldn't tell me exactly where but dropped enough hints I could get a good idea of the general area. Found something, likely of not much interest, but that's a post for somewhere else.

Good hunting!

Guest cheriec

Hello, longtime lurker in Indiana. As a teen on vacation in Arkansas I think I may have been in the vicinity of BF. Strong stench, wood knocks and a log removed from the path I was on. Looking forward to reading more of the board.:thumbsup:

Admin
8 minutes ago, cheriec said:

Hello, longtime lurker in Indiana.

Welcome to the BFF cheriec. Enjoy the forums!

Guest Jonny Quest

I'm curious about where I can post my own introduction to the BF. My intent is not to reply to this introduction, but to post my own, but I have, admittedly, gotten lost trying to find where I do that.

I live in NW Arkansas, in the foothills of the Boston Mountains (of the Ozark Plateau). I'm edging into senior citizen status, but have been interested in Sasquatch since my youth, from a picture of the Yeti held up by Marlin Perkins and Sir Edmond HIllary in a World Book annual to the stills of the Patterson Gimlin film that appeared in my grandmother's National Wildlife Magazine in the late 60's. I have and have read many of the "classics" written by Sanderson, Green, and Kranz, and some of the newer books by folks like David Paulides. I've been on most of the websites and even corresponded for a couple of years with Bobbie Short, who was very kind and helpful; in fact, a she had planned on using a picture of a gorilla that I shared with her in her book, which never got published. 

I have never had any direct visual encounters, but have spoken with plenty of folks that have. We have a fairly rich history of them right where I live, but even richer in the Ouachita Mountains (think Honobia) 100 miles south of me. And then there is Fouke, of course. I worked with a young man whose parents came from there and lived there at the time of the incidents from the film, and they knew the principles involved. Interesting.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I've been hiking the Oregon and Washington woods since the late 60's. I had my first experience in 1975 on the eastern side of the Olympic National Forest near the Mildred Lakes area.  I've been interested in the subject ever since.  

• Upvote 1