Finding Bigfoot

A dozen or more people running around with blaring walkie-talkies, cameras, lights, sound gear, etc is more stealthy than 2 guys on horseback with a tiny hand-held camera? :o

They have a sneaky little skeleton crew to film and they usually go out in small groups not using the radios at first to see if they can see something before they make any noises. It's almost always in darkness without any visible light. Those old cameras like Patterson used are noisy and he was very visible compared to this team because he was in complete daylight.

This has been said to him repeatidly... he just doesn't get that it's an entertainment show: not legit research.

As legit as any other BF research I've ever seen they just do a heck of a lot more.

And you know this how?

I have used night vision cameras, they make everything bright green but you can't see it without looking through the camera. They have this light source that's invisible to our eyes.

NV cameras need a light source to illuminate visibility through them. Thermals will work in pitch black. :)

Nobody sees the light source unless they look in the monitor. Thermals show heat and also require you to look through their monitor.

Tim, "night vision" simply amplifies ambient light (whatever the source) to a visible level within the vision gear. It does not have a light source of it's own.

And those "old cameras" such as Pattersons if they make noise at all, might be heard 10-20' away at most. They were over 100' from Patty next to running water.

Try again.

Edited by Mulder

Personally I thought it was cool to see the Hairy Man Pictographs in the show. The still look good after all these years. I know the tribe sang a traditional song and told a story, but that apparently got edited out. I wish it hadn't and I wish they had talked more about the significance of the pictographs.

• Upvote 1

Tim, "night vision" simply amplifies ambient light (whatever the source) to a visible level within the vision gear. It does not have a light source

Try again.

The ones I have used had a built in IR illuminator that acts as a night vision flashlight making viewing in complete darkness possible.

What is there to try again? BF is suppose to have extra good hearing. I'm not trying to debunk it just sayin the team has a good chance of making it happen again.

Guest wudewasa

I know the tribe sang a traditional song and told a story, but that apparently got edited out. I wish it hadn't and I wish they had talked more about the significance of the pictographs.

That sounds like something interesting to watch. Then again, it detracts from the team and their weekly hijinks and shenanigans, so the editors nixed the good stuff to get ratings.

Well they have used a lot of Bobo's goofy gimiks to get squatches to come in and take a look. I think they should use one of Cliff's dream tactics which would be to play Dead.

Edited by Goonygoogoo

Guest thermalman

The ones I have used had a built in IR illuminator that acts as a night vision flashlight making viewing in complete darkness possible.

What is there to try again? BF is suppose to have extra good hearing. I'm not trying to debunk it just sayin the team has a good chance of making it happen again.

What's the model of your NV camera? They do need an ambient light source, whether it's street light, flashlight, moonlight, or some other type of light source. IR light source cannot illuminate enough for NV to work. Search the forums, I have a thread started about NV vs Thermal. Thermal picks up "everything", because all things, with a temperature above absolute zero, have an IR signature.

Edited by thermalman

Ok, you are using too many terms interchangeably that are in fact NOT interchangeable.

First there is "night vision" or "image intensification", which simply amplifies ambient light from other sources (such as starlight, etc).

Then there is thermographic or IR vision, it is based on the sensing of heat, not light. IR can work in either passive mode (only utilizing existing heat) or active mode (utilizing an IR source for additional "illumination"). Active IR gives the better image, but it IS broadcasting energy that any receptor capable of perceiving IR range spectra can see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision

Hopefully this will clear up your confusion.

If the show is using active IR (as your system seems to be) and BF (as is theorized) can perceive IR or near IR spectra, then you're still tromping around in the woods lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree.

Well they have used a lot of Bobo's goofy gimiks to get squatches to come in and take a look.

To be simply kind, there isn't even a single shred of evidence to back that up.

To be simply kind, there isn't even a single shred of evidence to back that up.

That is the intent. The result is quite unspectacular to say the least.

That is the intent. The result is quite unspectacular to say the least.

Sorry. I took it to mean you thought they had been successful in doing Bobo's stupid antics.

Guest thermalman

^ Did you not see the mad dash by BF, to get to Bobo's antics? ;)

Camera's might have been turned off by then?

Edited by thermalman