Eyeglow Encounters

Moneymaker recently interviewed with team tazer BFE and I noticed he is now also saying the same thing many of us are, or have filmed... that BFs do have eye glow..he used that term. He cites to Pruitts recent vids, which I have seen. He also describes just like I have the dimming and increasing effect, so guess that is an endorsement of the phenomenon, depends on how ones feels about MM..or not b/c this is documented by many now... at least a few dozen in video (for those of us that trust the sources) and the witnesses for decades who were just blown off...had to be reflection, etc...and it may be, just so well focused it can cast or appear to it's own light..

Even if I knew that 'eye glow' was a fact that was indisputable, if Moneymaker concluded that it's possible I would still check for myself.  He has that little credibility in my eyes.

That aside is 'eye glow' even possible?  I know that eye shine is and have witnessed it myself with dogs, cats, even a little bit with humans (how else would you get the 'red eye' effect in a photograph?) so if Bigfoot exist I don't see why Bigfoot wouldn't produce eye shine in the right lighting conditions.  But, eye glow?

There's definitely something going on in that video that looks like light coming from the eyes.

Not too surprising, considering.....

Yes, to all, I agree....that's my quandry. I have this personal witness, up close that was amazing, as well as more typical eye shine witnesses - per conventional wisdom about BFs - and then also the small flashes that seem to be the BFs...

I reserved some doubt on the up close situation (well, I guess I still do b/c it seems so incredible, it was incredible!) until the last really long visit...and just really nailing down the small flashes as them...pretty sure....the 20-40 yard witness of the more typical amber did include this increase and decrease in intensity (and duplicated with the eye shine videos.sans proving its BF...dark )  I was able to witness many nights (most further away though .about 70 yards..) and had someone with me also verify....your eyes have to be adjusted (me anyway) to see it without a light source flashing around....

So, until that trip do I feel bold enough to push this..also, in the meantime I have connected with about half dozen with that close a witness  that saw the light fall on objects (one I know is with BFRO...and pushing this too...perhaps where MM is getting it...I doubt he is listening to me, or OHZoo or Sas...and he has never stated that kind of witness, or even any testing..recently he eluded to he thought they could see near IR, but he had no data...just a hunch -  he may have listened to me on that)  and...well, I thought the DNA would answer it !

I reserve still doubt..maybe more than one phenomena, or species is occurring (seems this glowing eyes, or small lights are reported, but often set aside?).  The possibility that a human taped LED's to glasses and popped in on me at 2am so remote I just reject (and yet that was my main doubt...at the time of the event I only had about 3 or so good long witnesses of the amber eyes...and just beginning to work thru the IR stuff..and long running...and then the FLIR session produced the flashes just on the video I was holding..)  now, with the continued data..

Right now I feel fairly solid (ha!) on this.. I do.....and I am seeing my effort duplicated (scott carpenter I think also has some vids...they are popping up....google around with key words like eye glow...)  and yet....dang...that video above would corroborate a very "extreme witness account" (mine!)....and yet... I can also see other's view, who think it's a camper in mummy bag with a headlamp....I don't have the video to play with myself..and can't tell really ..

Yes, the fire is enough for an eye system with a Tapetum Lucidum to reflect like eye shine we know...would it project? Don't know.  ...(also I assume, but don't know, this video is sensitive in the IR range...so that projection, if above 8000 nm, we wouldn't see except on the video..and the projection seems more intense than the one I witnessed, I described that as a very soft barely perceptible, but there, illumination on the things in my camper as it viewed them...had I filmed it with IR sensitive film it may have seemed as bright as this video..my eyeshine IR videos are) ....

There is another mechanism also for night vision (but will that project (?) ..in howler monkeys..that is not like "cat eye"  we are familiar with...so there are examples in the primate line...in the howlers..and also lemurs (with the TL)....so depending on how protein coding and genetics for these soft visual systems evolve..it could be latent in all primates..and expressed in them...feasible anyway..they don't have to be aliens to get there...

bio luminescence not so many examples in primates...but other bio-systems there are...

so...I can't run off and say this proves what I saw...(well, saw from the receiving end of the projected eye shine, I could not see who was behind it), but I can say..this would "fit" my witness...

I am pretty over boxing myself in to any "camp" can't see how that helps any inquiry, and I have yet to benefit from agreeing...so I just try and keep an eye out for that special evidence...I want to know...it was a freaky event...

Edited by apehuman

There was an interesting (not documented) account of a father/son fishing duo in my area last year where a pair of 'subjects' approached the fishermen from the other side of the river bank while they were fishing at night.

Proceeded to throw rocks in the water in front of them.

The father/son could see them coming b/c of the white glowing eyes coming down the far bank.

I'm not involved directly with the group investigating, but have correspondence with them occassionally. 

Thanks Cotter,  I would like to hear more..or send me where they may have posted.. strange fisherman huh?  

At the further distances, like 70  yards, the light was warm whit.e.in contrast to under 20 yards when I could see color in amber..or the blue.(but never saw any go from 70 to 20 yards to see if that white is just a result of not being able to see any color at a distance at night.. because they are faint at that distance...the flashes were also whitish..but relatively brighter perhaps in that it would draw my eyes if anywhere in the field of vision..  .

Bioluminescence in a mammal.

Let's say for a moment that the eye glow witnessed by certain witnesses was actually witnessed and not a post hoc observation or completely made up.  What purpose of bioluminescence of the eyes serve, especially for Bigfoot?  Bioluminescence isn't exactly unheard of in established animals within the animal kingdom, but it always serves a purpose in Bigfoot?

There are three possibilities that seem likely:

1. Luring in prey.  The most likely purpose, but also the least likely at the same time.  Most prey that Bigfoot are said to hunt are more likely to flee if they saw such lights rather than approach.
  2. Attracting mates. 
  3. Seeing in the dark.  I don't consider this a particularly likely purpose for it, especially considering its the eyes that are supposedly the source of light.

@Ape - I'll contact the investigators and see if there is some sort of write-up on the event.

@Gman - Very good questions, ones that do not have immediate answers, thus make the phenom VERY unbelievable.  To answer your question - I've no freaking idea!

hey...does anyone else see a cone of light coming from this BF eye area..

Wasn't that video determined to be a dude in a hoodie and blanket rummaging around for a midnight snack?  I don't think it's a bigfoot.

In my case the eye glow was green and I have read many other witness reports of green also. There are other colors described also. Some say luminous but no color mentioned. Others say eye shine with no possible light to reflect, so this would be eye glow too. The picture of the eye glow by a BFRO member at the beginning of this threat was what I saw only florescent green.

Bioluminescence in a mammal.

Let's say for a moment that the eye glow witnessed by certain witnesses was actually witnessed and not a post hoc observation or completely made up.  What purpose of bioluminescence of the eyes serve, especially for Bigfoot?  Bioluminescence isn't exactly unheard of in established animals within the animal kingdom, but it always serves a purpose in Bigfoot?

There are three possibilities that seem likely:

1. Luring in prey.  The most likely purpose, but also the least likely at the same time.  Most prey that Bigfoot are said to hunt are more likely to flee if they saw such lights rather than approach.
  2. Attracting mates. 
  3. Seeing in the dark.  I don't consider this a particularly likely purpose for it, especially considering its the eyes that are supposedly the source of light.

It seems to me that the answer is 3 but there is a report that it may serve as communication between individuals too. I know it makes no sense, but it seems to only be used when in complete darkness which is when I witnessed it

I have only seen the red variant, it reminded me of bike reflectors except there was no discernible light source to fuel the amount of reflection. Seemingly self projected. Not like eye shine I have observed in other animals.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I don't know much about eye shine in animals, but I know that a primate population could develop a tapetum lucidum through evolution. Some human beings seem to already have it. Bioluminescence doesn't seem normal though. What known mammal has bioluminescence? :blink:

Edited by OntarioSquatch